- Spit n DYP: Halloween Open Mic. On Saturday, Oct. 29, from 1-3 p.m., there is an open mic night at Spit n DYP. Admission is free for an afternoon of terrifyingly funny comedy, and maybe some terrifyingly unfunny jokes, plus a costume contest. Event is located at 909 North O’Connor Road, Irving, TX, 75061.
- Movies in the park: “Hocus Pocus”. On Saturday, Oct. 29, from 7:00-8:45 p.m., there will be a movie showing on the lawn of Klyde Warren Park in downtown Dallas. Take your pick from a wide variety of food trucks. Then head to Klyde Warren Park’s lovely green lawn and lay out, eat, drink and watch one of Disney’s most popular Halloween films, “Hocus Pocus”! Pro tip: Bring a blanket to sit on as well as one to cover up with in case it gets chilly and make sure to dress appropriately for the weather.
- Día de Los Muertos Parade and Festival. On Saturday, Oct. 29, from 2:00-10:00 p.m., come join the festivities at Dallas City Hall. Through exciting and participatory programs, as well as a parade, this festival celebrates and preserves Hispanic culture and heritage. Come and enjoy some unique meals and activities suitable for people of all ages.
- Halloween Mash. On Friday, Oct. 28, beginning at 7:30 p.m., there will be a silent disco. What exactly is this, you ask? It’s a Halloween disco party where you wear headphones with DJ music broadcast into your ears that you get at the event. During the party, there is a costume contest where you can win unique prizes, and for those over the age of 21, there are themed cocktails, as well as beer and wine. Admission: $15 per ticket which can be purchased online. Located at 2403 Flora Street, Dallas, TX 75201.
- Dallas Halloween Block Party. On Saturday, Oct. 29, beginning in the morning till the party dies, all are invited to dress up for the block party celebration. There will be a costume contest as well as plenty of food to sample, giveaways to participate in and spine-tingling sights to witness and participate in. For individuals above the age of 21, alcoholic beverages are available throughout the venue. Located at the 3900 Block of Cedar Springs Rd, Dallas, TX 75219.
- Cutting Edge Haunted House in Fort Worth. Any day this weekend, from 7:00 a.m.-1:00 a.m., this haunted house is available for big scares. Try visiting the Cutting Edge Haunted House, one of the top 5 haunted houses in the country, if you want a more exciting and terrifying weekend. The only disadvantage is the horrifying $50 per ticket. Located at 1701 E Lancaster Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
Home Arts & Culture The Half Dozen