- Shakespeare Pub Crawl – Shakespeare Dallas presents its annual pub crawl in Deep Ellum. Tickets will include discounts at participating bars, a Shakespeare Dallas cup, participation in trivia, entertainment, and more. Actors will perform scenes from Shakespeare plays at each location. There will be a costume contest with prizes. Tickets start at $15. This event will be held March 11 starting 2 pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade – The annual Dallas St. Patrick’s Parade & Festival is the largest St. Patrick’s Parade in the Southwest. The parade draws over 125,000 people along the two-mile route to see over 90 floats, bands and more. This will take place on March 11, admission is free!
- Bach’s St. Matthew Passion – Highland Park Presbyterian Church will present Johann Sebastian Bach’s “St. Matthew Passion” to kick-off its 2023 season. The concert will be conducted by Greg Hobbs, HP Pres’ Director of Music. Tickets start at $25 for this March 11 performance at Moody Performance Hall.
- Kings of Soul – Principal Pops Conductor Jeff Tyzik leads Kings of Soul into the spotlight with the music of legendary artists Marvin Gaye, Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Otis Redding, The Temptations, Al Green, Barry White, Smokey Robinson and Curtis Mayfield in an evening of soulful rhythms and melodies. Performances will be held between March 10 and 12. Tickets start at $35.
- Western Weekend – The American Western Weekend features four action-packed nights and 11 western sporting disciplines. The event kicks off on March 8 with the The American Rodeo Contender Wild Card. On Saturday, March 11 is The American Rodeo, the grand finale of The American Western Weekend, where champion athletes and underdogs compete for $1 million. Cody Johnson will perform after this event. Tickets start at $20.
- Silent Disco – Start off your spring break right this semester with ’90s Spring Break featuring live DJs, who will play all the favorites of ’90s dance music. Dancers are welcome to style outfits from the era, so slip into some acid-wash jeans, put on those jelly sandals, put your hair up in a scrunchy, rock the bomber jacket and come get jiggy with it. Tickets start at $25. Come dance at Sammons Park on March 10.
Home Arts & Culture The Half Dozen