- Strut Your Mutt – Strut your stuff with your furry best friend in The Race to End Animal Cruelty. Participate in a 3K fun run/walk or a timed 5K, and check out the Bow Wow Bazaar with family-friendly food, games, entertainment and more. This event supports the SPCA of Dallas, providing life-saving support to animals removed from harm. The event takes place on April 15 at Fair Park in Dallas and registration costs $35.
- Seven Lions – Presenting his first album “Beyond the Veil,” renowned DJ and electronic music artist Seven Lions will perform at the South Side Ballroom in Dallas on April 13 at 8:00 pm. Standard admission tickets start at $39.50.
- Dallas Premier Food Fest – Calling all foodies! Dallas City Hall is showcasing local restaurants, eateries, food trucks and cafes. This 8-hour festival also includes live music, contests and a mechanical bull. The event takes place from 2 to 10 pm on April 15 at the Dallas City Hall. General admission costs $7.
- After Hours in the Garden – Do you need a fun date idea? Come to the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens on April 14 at 6:30 pm for a fun evening of live music, food and drinks surrounded by the beauty of Cowtown springtime. Tickets are $18 for members and $25 for non-members.
- DSO’s Back to the 80s – For the old souls, head on over to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra’s latest decades concert. They will be performing the well-loved hits of iconic 80s stars such as Madonna, Huey Lewis & The News, Phil Collins, Queen, Joe Cocker and many more. The concert will take place April 14 and 15 at 7:30 pm and the 16 at 3:00 pm at Meyers Symphony Ballroom. Tickets start at $20.
- National Selena Day at Vidorra – Celebrate the music and legacy of the Queen of Tejano on what would have been her 52nd birthday. Enjoy Selena’s music, as well as some of her favorite snacks on April 15 starting at 3 pm. Stick around for a costume contest at 5:30.
Home Arts & Culture The Half Dozen